Sunday, February 20, 2011

What A Weekend

Sunday arvo; the weekend is almost over now. I can't believe what we did and didn't do this weekend. It was strange. My husband and I wanted to do something different, get out of the house and spend time together as a young family, the three of us. But what do you do with a newborn baby? It's not like they will enjoy anything. Also there are many things to consider...

  • I need a mummy nap in the afternoon so that I can last the night.
  • You don't want a baby out in the extreme elements of sun, wind and rain. Crazy Melbourne weather!
  • Feeding - as a new mum I need to feel a little comfortable when whipping out my milk jugs. 
  • Cost. Who has money to be throwing around willy-nilly? Especially seeing my parenting payments from the government still haven't come through yet.
  • It takes a long time to get a baby ready and get out of the house. 
  • Nappy bags are heavy - well mine is and it's all necessary stuff. 

That is just off the top of my head.

On Saturday we ended up going to our local shopping centre to return some items and receive a store credit, purchased a glow worm for our lil munchkin and get some groceries. Very interesting stuff. By the end of it I was disappointed, tired and hungry thirsty.

From now on I'm thinking we need to have a little plan in advance. I'm sure we wasted precious time discussing our options and then not doing any of the real ones.

Any ideas for a newborn family?  Or am I supposed to be at home for now??

1 comment:

  1. Can't think of anywhere perfect to go but 1 thing I did that really helped was to express milk. That way baby gets used to the bottle early (some of my friends later had problems cause baby wouldn't take bottle) and you don't have to worry about getting your boobs out anywhere! Mind you- you soon get used to it!! I seem to remember that I spent a lot of time at coffee shops! Also DOncaster shopping Centre has a Max Brenner, Mothercare AND great feeding rooms!! Used to wander round aimlessly!
    Hope that helps- will think about what else we did- although you have probably got it all figured out by now!
    Great blog by the way,
    Helen D

    ReplyDelete