Friday, June 15, 2012

Queen procrastination

“Don't bargain with God. Be direct. Ask for what you need. This is not a cat-and-mouse, hide-and-seek game we're in. If your little boy asks for a serving of fish, do you scare him with a live snake on his plate? If your little girl asks for an egg, do you trick her with a spider? As bad as you are, you wouldn't think of such a thing—you're at least decent to your own children. And don't you think the Father who conceived you in love will give the Holy Spirit when you ask him?”
Luke 11:13 MSG

I read this verse this morning and was reminded that I should be bringing a need to the Lord. Truth is I've known all week that I should be but I've been putting it off. And I know he's just waiting for me to come to him in prayer.

Why have I been putting it off? Because I'm scared. Pathetic really. But I've been a situation for such a long time. One I don't want to be in and been struggling in my own strength and capabilities to get out of it. However now I know the breakthrough is just around the corner I'm comfortable and stagnant. I'm also nervous about going to him because I know that God answers prayers and will give to me exactly what I need when I go to him and ask.

So today (after my lil reminder) I'm going to get off my pathetic chubby mummy butt and go boldly to him with my request. No dilly dallying, no stuttering or procrastination. Just do it!

I encourage you also to stop procrastinating and do whatever it is in your world that needs to be done. If I may make a suggestion; don't do it alone. He's waiting for us to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment