Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mummy Chatter

Over the last month or two, I have been meeting the most amazing and beautiful mums in parents rooms. As I go about my day at the shops there is always at least one stop into a parents room. Now I'm a chatter so I always like to say hi especially if there is a newborn bub in there. I like to say hi and congratulations and then tell them they look like they're doing a wonderful job. Other times I talk about the difficulty of changing a toddlers nappy or I ask a multicultural mum what languages their child knows. See I'm a chatter!

You know what ive discovered? Mums in parents rooms (But not limited to parent rooms. Lol.) are lovely, intelligent and caring women. We might be wearing old track pants with baby slobber or we might be dressed up, hair done and a sweet smelling aroma but when you get down to it, we are all mums doing our personl best.

I'd like to say a special thank you to two mums I've met over the last month. I don't know your names and at this stage I don't believe you follow my blog but thank you! :)

The first: an Asian mum with two young children; a little boy and girl. I met you at Knox shopping centre on a day that was hardwork, long and tiring for me. I was trying to breast feed my youngest while my toddler was trying to escape not only the toy area but also the entire parents room. Thank you for entertaining her while I fed and changed y baby. You were a sweetheart and I appreciated your time.

The second: an older Christian mum I met just last week, also at Knox. You have three kids but just one toddler with you on the day. We got talking and you informed me of a program called MOPS. I'd never heard of it and it sounded great. Just what I need. You then went on to encourage me and tell me that I was doing a great job as a mum. Thank you so much. I felt very blessed. I believe our encounter was a God-thing.

So I'd like to encourage you to be a mummy chatter when you enter a parents room. You never know what will happen.

P.S. all mummy's have something in common so it's easy to find something to chat about

No comments:

Post a Comment