Saturday, August 4, 2012

Olympic Spirit

I love the Olympics! I love the competition and I love the Spirit of the games.

The first Olympics I ever saw... The 1992 games. I dont remember the actual sporting events but I do remember sitting up on the couch in the dark, wearing my pj's with my mum and a warm blanket. We watched every country walk out with pride. I also remember at my ripe old age of 7 the spirit of the ceremony. The feeling of sportsmanship, peace, a fair go and equality.

Over the last week or so I've been thinking about the games; London 2012 yes but more than that, I've been thinking about that Olympic spirit.

It is a shame that we don't see that spirit or that level of spirit very often during the four years between each games. I am hoping that as a mum I can instill the same qualities of that Olympic spirit into my kids and our everyday life. I don't want it to be an occasional thing but something we strive for everyday. I want them to know and share the spirit of sportsmanship, peace, a fair go and equality.

I believe that if I can help them understand those qualities they can help the world be a better place. A place more loving and peaceful. A place of a fair go for all and equality of all people. They will be my Olympians. Gold!


No comments:

Post a Comment