Friday, September 28, 2012

Ephesians 6:18 says

Ephesians 6:18 says keep on praying, in the spirit, at all times in all kinds of ways. La, la la. La la la laaaaa. Ephesians 6:18 says keep on praying.

I learnt this verse as a small child. My mother had a cassette player and some Christian music. One of the cassettes was full of songs that each themed a different bible verse. She would play it every now and then and I know all the verses from each of those songs.

I find myself desperately needing God at this time. Our family needs a breakthrough. Especially financially. And just now as I was cradling my youngest sweet baby girl, thinking of my needs, my concerns/worries; the Holy Spirit reminded me of this song - this verse in which God instructs us to keep on praying.

Cradling my baby girl I started to ponder the words of the verse. As the the song phrased it (the 1st paragraph above), the verse has actually got four instructions:
1. Keep on praying
2. Pray in the spirit
3. Pray at all times
4. Pray in all kinds of ways

These are things that I know. They are also things that I am capable of doing. But how often do I follow these Godly instructions...?

So I am going to start. Again. That's one of the great things about God, he wipes our slate clean, cleanses us, makes us new. He gives us a 2nd chance. Many in fact. So instead of worrying I am going to be praying. At all times and in all kinds of ways.

My first 'in all kinds of ways' (welcome to the technological world)...

Lord, Thank you for reminding me of this verse tonight. Thank you for teaching me this verse! Using your Word and my iPad I come before you boldly to ask that you change our family's financial situation. You know our needs. You know of all the incomings and outgoings. Please take control of it all. We need you and in my personal opinion, we need a miracle. I will do my best not to worry and freak out about it. But you know me, so please don't leave me hanging till the last minute. I love you and I trust you. So now I leave it in your more than capable hands. Thank you Papa. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment