Sometimes we wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Other days we wake up happy and motivated ready to tackle whatever may come our way. And other days are just bad hair days!
I have dirty, messy hair at the moment but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about days where you feel like nothing is going right. We all have these days. They just happen. It's part of life. Things can't be all roses and chocolates every day.
So what do we do when we are having a bad hair day? Here's my top 5 tips...
1. Stop right where you are and spend five minutes in prayer. A good honest chat with God about what's going on can help. Spend some of that time listening and expecting a response too. God changes peoples perspectives all the time.
2. Put on some praise music! We are created to Praise God. So get off your butt and shout it out. Even when there is a storm the nature still gives him glory. The trees don't cower or fall because of a little rain. Neither should we. Stand tall. Give him what he deserves, your highest praise.
3. Put on a smile. There was one year in particular when I was a teenager and honestly at the time u just thought it was crap, a big ugly mess. But I walked around with a smile all the time. All day. Others started to notice and respond positively. It changed their mood and in turn it changed me. A smile can make a world of difference.
4. Positive self talk. Tell yourself that you can do it. You can make it! It's just a season and seasons come to an end. If you have to be brutal with yourself - tell yourself to suck it up. Both of my parents have a quote that has helped them through life, ten two letter words, "if it is to be, it is up to me". Not true if you have God in your life but it is a very motivating little phrase. So believe in yourself and speak good, positive, motivating words to yourself.
5. Last but not least of my helpful bad hair day tips... Eat chocolate cake. Mmmm, a yummy, rich, goey, fresh, heavenly, chocolate cake. One bite of an awesomely irresistible chocolate cake will help you forget what's going on. Even if it's just for that one minute.
Of course I have other tips... Like make a list, retail therapy and so on. But these 5 really are the most helpful.