Saturday, December 8, 2012

Being thankful

Its easy to get bogged down, upset, or even depressed about what you've lost. A loss of something can be hard.

I know it seems a silly thing for me to be upset about but this year I lost a Christmas tree. We moved house this year, I also did a lot of decluttering this year and in the process I lost the top of my majestic, inherited and sentimental Christmas tree.

There are four parts to it; the base, then 3 sections of full, green, looking real, kind of branches. I lost the top section... I think I worked out it went to a thrift store charity bin. It's a shame. Christmas means a lot to me. Growing up in my mums house we had almost one gorgeous tree in every room of the house. I loved it!

Obviously there are much more important things in life and I can be grateful I didn't lose anything of great value like my home, my health or life of a family member. I am very blessed!

Colossians: 2:6-7 says
6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

So this Christmas although I have no majestic tree, (I should mention I do have a family room tree), I am healthy, I have a beautiful family, somewhere to live, food to eat and a relationship with the Lord Jesus. He is always more than enough! I'm so grateful :)

Be grateful for what you have this Christmas season.

P.S. I believe this is Christine Caine's Christmas tree - absolutely gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment