Monday, December 10, 2012

What is in your hands today?

Recently just in my everyday stuff I've been encouraged and inspired to continue on and to excel at what God has placed in my hands to do now. Overtime I can sometimes get lost or lose sight of what I set out to do. And I forget what my now purpose is. For example; At this time in my life I am a mum, housewife and carer. This is my now purpose. It is what God has given me to do at such a time as this.

But I'm a dreamer, I love working towards something and looking to the future. None of these are bad things but we can get caught up in them an lose sight of what God has called us to do right now. Dreaming of the future can distract us from what God wants us to do now.

What has he called you to do right now? It may be motherhood, business, study, to work your way up in the workplace, volunteer, music... Whatever it is do it well! There is a time for everything. God has called you to do that right now for a specific reason.

Two scriptures come to mind:

Psalms 92:4
For thou, Lord, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands.

And

Colossians 3:23
And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men.

I want to encourage you to remember what God has put in your hands to do today. Not tomorrow. And do it with a spirit of excellence!

No comments:

Post a Comment