Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Birthdays

Birthdays are always a special occasion in our house. I know most people in the western world celebrate or remember birthdays but I like to make them with extra wow factor. 

For a start there's always presents and most of the time I stick to a budget that dear hubby and I set (that way it's fair for everyone). But there are some budget stretches for milestone birthdays like a 1st, 13th, 18th, 21st... You get the picture. 

After presents there I always organise cake. Unless that person doesn't like cake then it's decadent desserts! 

Standard so far I know; but then comes a special breakfast, birthday dinner, balloons, streamers, an outing or activity, family, friends, a theme, a party and lots of hugs and kisses. 

I just get so excited that my once mustard seed idea of a neat gift becomes a huge tree of celebrations and surprise. My aim is to create memories and joy! It's so much fun to love on people, especially my family. 

Tomorrow is Robbie's (dear hubby) birthday. It's not exactly a milestone one but the girls and I (well I) decided that we needed and wanted to give him some extra love this year. So we have gone above and beyond. I'm crazy excited and its not just because we are having blue donut cake with cream and custard after dinner. 

Happy birthday honey. I love you! Xox

P.S. it is extremely difficult to wrap presents with a 27 month old trying to help and a 16 month old sitting wrapping paper - I think she thought she was the present! 



No comments:

Post a Comment