Monday, June 3, 2013

My Protector!

At times in my life it has seemed like everything is coming against me. Just one tough time or hard thing after another. I don't want to talk about the tough times. I want to talk about the recovery time after the tough times. 

It is after those rough stretches of road in life's journey that I personally struggle with. I know how to hold to God in the tough times. I grasp him with everything and don't let go! But on the other side, when things go back to 'normal' I have to work hard at not being stuck in the mud. My mind is quick to let the fog of doubt and worry creep in. I am vulnerable to thinking that something else bad is going to happen. I see trouble instead of looking and believing for good. 

I found these verses in Proverbs today (which I've read a number of times before) and the Holy Spirit just illuminated it to my spirit. 

Proverbs 3:24-26 You can go to bed without fear; you will lie down and sleep soundly. You need not be afraid of sudden disaster or the destruction that comes upon the wicked, for the Lord is your security. He will keep your foot from being caught in a trap. 

I know without a doubt that God is my protector. It's time to start believing it! That means living it out. Rebuking the doubt and renewing my mind. Just because one bad thing has happened doesn't mean it will happen again. I don't need to think 'what if..?'

God is in control. He has the world, including my world, in the palm of His hands. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment