Bulk Spaghetti Bolognaise is a great way to save time and money in the kitchen. I've recently started doing mine in the slow cooker.
4 x tsp minced garlic
2 x brown onions
3 x carrots (medium)
1 x small zucchini (about 150gm)
200gm sliced mushrooms
4kg beef mince
2 x 700ml passata tomato sauce
1 x can tomato soup (condensed)
2 x bay leaves
Sprinkle of mixed herbs
Quick summary of cooking time:
30 mins for onion and garlic
30 mins after adding carrot, zucchini and mushroom
60 mins after adding beef
4 hours after adding tomato (x3) and herbs.
I use my Tupperware Happy Chopper to dice all the onion, carrot and zucchini. (I buy the mushroom pre sliced from Aldi). If you don't have a happy chopper start by chopping finely, dicing or shredding the veg. The idea is to hide it.
1. Put the onion and garlic in the slow cooker. Leave for 30 minutes on high for them to heat through and soften.
2. Add the diced carrot, zucchini and mushroom. Mix through. Leave for another 30 minutes.
3. Add the meat and cook a further 60 minutes stirring well every so often.
4. Pour in the two passata bottles and can of tomato soup. Stir through. Replace lid and cook on high for 4 hours.
5. Once cool (room temperature), divide into 5 large ziplock bags. You can freeze for up to three months. Make sure you mark on the bags with a permanent marker the contents of the bag, and the date it was cooked.
My family is made up of 2 adults and two toddlers.
Ta-da! 5 meals of Bolognaise meat sauce ready for you to add to pasta, nachos or a baked potato. Yummy :)