Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Good news!

Well what I'm about to say may be quite matter of fact to most, but it really just light bulb moment hit me today when I was sitting on the couch with my girls watching a Curious George DVD. 

People really do want to hear good news. They don't want the drama, tragedy, and negative reports. I know I don't and haven't for years watched the news. It's horrible, depressing crap! 

I myself like hearing the random act of kindness (RAOK) reports, miracle stories, the generosity of everyday humans, kids excelling in their own areas of development, new organisations starting and growing with others needs as their core focus (I am especially fond of Heartfelt, Zoe's Hope and the A21 Campaign). 

I'm so glad that I have an anchor of hope and an ever flowing fountain of good news that I can draw on every day. God is amazing and He has given us the Bible a book that relevant and available to all. 

There are two aspects to this good news: 

1. John 3:16-17 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. 

2. There are many people who are reading His word, tapping into His favour and following God given opportunities to continue loving and helping others. 

Fear not. There is good news. It's out there and I believe for all of us, the good news starts with 'God loves you'

See websites of organisations as mentioned above: 
http://www.heartfelt.org.au/ 
http://www.thea21campaign.org/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment