Sunday, October 27, 2013

Chicken Soup

My favourite soup when it's cold outside or when I'm sick is Chicken Noodle & Corn Soup. It's my favourite because it tastes good but also because it is soooooo easy! 

I decided to share it with you. Even though it's supposed to be warming up -- it's almost summer time -- here in Melbourne this week the weather has been cold and wet and my whole clan has been unwell. Including me. So it was made up once more this year because there's something about it that just makes you feel better. 

Ingredients
1 sachet of Chicken Noodle Soup mix
1 litre of tap water
1 can of creamed corn
1 egg whisked lightly
1 cup of shredded chicken (optional) 

Method
1. Combine the sachet of soup mix with 1 litre of water. Bring to the boil. 
2. Turn heat down. Add corn and chicken. Stir gently. 
3. Allow to heat through for 5-10 minutes. 
4. Turn off heat/stove and slowly pour the egg into soup while stirring soup. 

Ta-da! It's ready to serve. Enjoy. 

Tips: 
1. The heat of the liquid immediately cooks the egg. By slowly pouring the egg into soup while stirring soup you are left with a white stringy egg look. If you pour the egg in all at once you will get a big clump of egg in your soup. 

2. Don't worry if you don't have any chicken to add. I usually eat it without and it's still awesome. 
I'm so glad my mummy taught me this recipe. I'll definitely be passing it onto I my girls. 

I hope your family is well and enjoying nice weather wherever you are. 

Love Nat xx


No comments:

Post a Comment