Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!

It's almost 9.30pm on New Year's Eve and I'm sitting on the couch in baggy clothes with a sick and teething toddler on my lap. Silently willing her to sleep. I can see my glass of red non alcoholic wine and chocolate donut waiting for me on the side table. There's a movie on TV and if my dear hubby and I are still awake at midnight it will be surprising! 

Despite the fact that today has not gone as I would have hoped and my evening is not glamorous; my spirit is not dampened. I am very excited, expectant and looking forward to 2014. Why because I know God has good things in store for me and my family. I trust Him. I know that He will direct my paths. 

God's Word tells me: 

Jeremiah 29:11-14 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you,” says the Lord. 

Isaiah 43:15-21 
I am the Lord, your Holy One, Israel’s Creator and King. I am the Lord, who opened a way through the waters, making a dry path through the sea. I called forth the mighty army of Egypt with all its chariots and horses. I drew them beneath the waves, and they drowned, their lives snuffed out like a smoldering candlewick. 
“But forget all that—it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland. The wild animals in the fields will thank me, the jackals and owls, too, for giving them water in the desert. Yes, I will make rivers in the dry waste land so my chosen people can be refreshed. I have made Israel for myself, and they will someday honour me before the whole world. 

I can hear the early local fireworks starting and my baby is still awake so I will leave you with this blessing: 

Psalm 115:14 May the Lord richly bless both you and your children. 

Happy New Year! 

Love Nat xx


No comments:

Post a Comment