Ephesians 6:13-18 Be prepared. You’re up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it’s all over but the shouting you’ll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You’ll need them throughout your life. God’s Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other’s spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out.
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Same sex marriage - not an option!
This morning I shared a friends Facebook status that reminded and encouraged me to continue to pray for our Nation.
So I prayed and then I got thinking. And I thought... Christians have not thought through the repercussions of what will likely happen if same sex marriage is legalised in Australia.
I've jotted down a few points to help people open their eyes. To see. I hope that by reading this it will also urge you to also pray.
1. Same sex marriage will begin to be seen as normal.
2. Television shows and commercials will show families with same sex couples and families. (This has already started).
3. When learning about family at school, our children will be exposed to this new age interpretation of family. It will become part of the curriculum.
4. Our children and future children (your grandkids) will not know and respect the true meaning of marriage.
5. And there will be spiritual consequences!
The Word of God says:
We need to put on the full armour of God. This is not the time to forget or to take a leisurely walk. We Christians are constantly in a battle; not against flesh, but of the things unseen! Today even more so we should be taking up our weapons and fighting a good fight. I'm going to because I want my Lord to say well done good and faithful servant. Make your life count! And not just for anything, but for something worth while -- for the cause of Christ. Love, grace, & salvation!
Please pick up your cross and follow him today... Into battle for our nation.