Monday, January 6, 2014

Vision for 2014

It's taken me a while to think about what I'm going to do this year and what my goals or New Years resolutions are. 

In the end I came up with three areas to work on: 

1. Giving to God
2. Giving to my husband 
3. Giving to myself 

So I have a goal for each of the areas listed above. They are realistic, meaningful, positive and good. 

I know it is not spot on at the beginning of the year now. But let's not be legalistic and miss an opportunity to make good choices and positive change in our lives this year. 

I've thought and prayed about what are good decisions for me. That way I'm not choosing a goal that is unrealistic or out of my league. 

If you didn't get a chance over New Year's Eve to think about 2014, I encourage you to do it now. It's not too late! 

Have you heard the scripture 'without a vision, people perish' (Proverbs 29:18 KJV)? I don't believe that passage is specifically talking about making goals. But I do believe that it does make sense...  

If we go about our year (or our life) without a vision we won't get anywhere specific. It will just be. There may be some accomplishments but without the vision and effort of working towards something our way will likely seem lost. There will be no sense of achievement or reason for doing what we do. Vision gives us a clear understanding of where we are going. It is like the difference of driving somewhere new; with or without a map. I'm blabbing a bit here... I hope you get what I'm trying to say. 

So anyway, ask God to give you a vision of what your year will look like and then create a realistic goal that goes hand in hand. Trust Him to guide you and remember that He has your best interests at heart. God is already on the sidelines cheering you on. He wants you to succeed! 

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 


No comments:

Post a Comment