Saturday, March 22, 2014

Camping Trip!

absolutely love dressing up and eating fine food. I have expensive taste. Seeing a theatre show or visiting the opera is cool. I like being amongst a large sports crowd. And yes we live in the suburbs of a big beautiful city. 

But on the other hand; I also love good ol'fashion fun! I love simple but delicious food. I enjoy things like pumpkin festivals. The feeling of fresh crisp air is like nothing else and the outdoors brings it's own entertainment. 

I'm very much a country girl at heart... So I 've decided we need to take our little family on our first camping trip (since having children). 

Dear hubby and I have been camping a few times over the years. We always have fun. We even went camping once spur of the moment after hubby broke his foot. He needed a sea change. Lol! We've camped cave man style (no toilets and no showers) at the beach and semi civilised (at tourist spots) in Big 4 parks. Now that our oldest is 3 and our youngest is 2 and since we have the gear... Yep it's time! 

There are so many advantages to a camping trip. Family bonding, no interruption of technology, getting back to nature, kids love the outdoors and of course you can be still and know God. 

Psalm 46:10 says “Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.” 

Plus there is also the clean air, the excitement of exploring new places, fishing, swimming in a lake, campfires, singing, toasted marshmallows, watching the stars and warm snuggles with someone you love in a sleeping bag. 

I am over the moon crazy excited! I've made lists and brought a few extra essentials such as little girl sleeping bags and camp chairs. So now I'm sharing my enthusiasm online - as you do. 

I encourage you to get outdoors. Borrow a tent and sleeping bags even if it's just for one night. Yes it's going to be outside and there is dirt and grubs. But it's all part of the experience. 

God made the heavens and the earth. Go and see that it is very good! 

P.S. You could always go glamping (glamorous camping) :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment