Thursday, March 13, 2014

God Inspired!

2 Corinthians 13:14 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 

This (above) is the very last verse in the second book of Corinthians. I've often read the last verses of Paul's letters in the New Testament and thought they were like a sign off. You know how we sign off a letter -- yours truly or sincerely or kind regards. I thought it was like that. A last minute gesture of kindness. A sort of small blessing. 

But I was wrong! While reading just now God reminded me of... 

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work. 

I especially love the first bit - 'all scripture is inspired by God'. To me it says that if God didn't want it to be there it wouldn't be. And because it's there it's important. It is there to correct us and teach us. God is using the scriptures - all of it - to prepare us and equip us to do every good work. 

So what is this verse telling me? I'm so glad you asked :) 

1. The Lord Jesus Christ is grace. 
2. God is love. 
3. The Holy Spirit wants to fellowship with us. 
4. And all these things can be ours. Amen! 

So simple yet so amazing and powerful. Read those points over again. Let their meaning sink in. These words are powerful. They are God inspired! 


No comments:

Post a Comment