Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The enemy attacks

When praying and fasting the enemy will come and attack you. I have experienced it! 

On Monday March 3rd both my husband and I started a fast. (Our church are all doing a 21 day fast. Previously I have only done a couple of one day fasts and a one week fast). I have to say that this one specifically, leading up to it I have really been excited and expectant. I know that through this fast God will bring breakthrough and miracles. To me it feels like the cusp of revival. God has been stirring already and changing my heart. I have dreamed dreams and seen visions before the fast even began. 

However tonight overnight between the first and second day (it is now 3am) I woke from a very real spiritual dream. It was as though I could literally feel, touch, sense and see the spiritual realm. It was pictured in a house where my family was sleeping - it was the middle of the night. I stirred slightly in my sleep and as you do in real life I felt someone standing by me. It caused me to slightly wake. I thought it was my husband before I opened my eyes. But he was alseep beside me. Immediately I knew what it was. It was satan! I could not see his face - nor did I want to. Although the night was dark, he was darker. He was tall and slim and wearing a long black cloak with a hood and he moved swiftly (like a thief in the night). You could sense the pure evil emanating from him. 

He moved swiftly like I said and did a complete circle around our bed. As he was circling I knew what he was doing. I felt it. It was very real. My chest was heavy and it was very hard to speak. I was trying to pray in tongues and in that moment because of such a heavy and pained chest I did not have enough breath for so many words. I changed it to one word, JESUS because I know that if you call on the name of The Lord you will be saved. 

What was he trying to do before I called on my Saviour; he was circling us and trying to overwhelm and cover us with oppression. I felt it. It was represented in that I also had almost no voice. Satan was trying to oppress us and take our voice. 

After I called on the name of Jesus he fled the room. He moved to left after exciting our bedroom and I felt he was going towards our daughters room. So I prayed again. My voice had returned. I was breathing more properly. I wanted to get to them, my girls to protect them from the enemy scum. But I didn't yet have my full breath and my chest was still heavy. I believe the oppression was still lifting. But I had no concerns. I knew that my prayers for their safety would be answered by Jesus. 

Why am I sharing this? 
1. I am sharing this because I want to remind you that we do not fight against flesh and blood. 

Ephesians 6:12 For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. 

2. Also to remind you that if we resist the devil he will flee. 

James 4:7 So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 

Just as Jesus did when he was tempted by the devil in the desert for 40 days, He told the devil to flee in my dream. 

Matthew 4:10-11 “Get out of here, Satan,” Jesus told him. “For the Scriptures say,‘You must worship the Lord your God and serve only him.’” Then the devil went away, and angels came and took care of Jesus. 

When the enemy come to attack you remember he has already been defeated and we are victorious in Christ Jesus. 

Also if he, the devil is coming against you - he must think you're dangerous. So you're on the right track. Good job!! 

Satan you have no authority in my house, my family or my life! Get lost!!! In the name of Jesus you must flee. Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment