Sunday, September 28, 2014

I was robbed!

The truth about my unplanned sabbatical...

You see, realistically. I could have kept writing the last 3 months. There was certainly lots to write about. Why stop? 

The truth is, and I've only just worked it out this past week, (I know I am slow!) that I allowed doubt to enter my mind. 
Doubt it's a sneaky tactic of the enemy's. He uses it to subtly steal, kill and destroy (John 10:10). It slowly creeps in - just one little thought. Perhaps even a fleeting thought and then he builds on it. 

And of course he chooses his timing. It's usually when we have other things occupying our thoughts. When our guard is not as tight as it should be. 

Ephesians 6:11-12 says, Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. 

So I let my guard down. I allowed a small thought to penetrate my thinking and in turn my spirit. And do you know what that small insignificant, untruthful thought was? You are not making a difference. 

Well mr devil (you don't even deserve capitals)... I am making a difference. I am being a light. I am speaking the truth and you won't stop me! So negative, stinking thinking be gone in Jesus name. Amen! 

I encourage you ladies to stay in the Word of God and keep your thoughts on things that are good, excellent and Kingdom minded. So that when the enemy tries to use doubt against you, you'll be ready!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment