I've been distracted from July through September. For those of you who know me personally... It may seem understandable. For those who don't know me as well this is some of what's been happening in my world.
1. My dear husband spent a week admitted in hospital after I arranged for him to have two wisdom teeth removed. It got a little dangerous at one point with swelling getting too close to his throat and eyes. Both we were informed as being life threatening. Infection and abscess' were the underlying problems!
2. 10 days after that little saga we were off on a special planned overseas holiday. It was our 10th wedding anniversary in July. Woohoo! Yay to us. It is something to be celebrated. I'll post more about this later. So we were away sailing on a 12 day cruise with two very excited little ladies.
3. When we got back some very BIG NEWS was confirmed to me. Wait for it.... We are pregnant with baby number 3! There is a tiny yucky side to this news. I have never had morning sickness before. This time around I endured it for 10 weeks. All night and all day! I've been a little dehydrated along with that and of course all this yucky sickness has made it not quite as fun as I remember. But we are excited and pleased to welcome a new, precious, made by God, destined for great things, little world changer into our home.
4. And lastly all of that combined with us only moving into our new home (in the hills) the first week of June has meant we have still been settling, unpacking and cleaning. Not my favourite things to do. But God has planted us right where he wants us and we are loving our new area of residence. It is so peaceful. Pretty horses in fields of wild flowers, cows mooing, clear skies, lots of birds, thousands of stars. I can't think of a better way of explaining it than 'Gods country'.
5. Regardless of all that! God has been working and speaking and doing a new thing in our lives. We (our family) are moving forward in Him and all he has called us to be.
God is so much more than what you or I know him to be and He is living inside of us! He is taking me through a journey of refining and moulding. I'm not perfect but God still chooses to live in me. I am His vessel. So I choose to put my self: my hopes, dreams, situations and personal preferences aside and live by the Spirit. Not my way but His!
I saw a quote this morning by Christine Caine, "God wants to do a deep work in us before he can do a great work through us."
So now that I'm back from my unplanned sabbatical. Watch out! I'm back with a renewed mind, Kingdom focus, and a greater God passion to encourage and empower you ladies to keep running that race that he has called you to. I want you to be the best vessel for God that you can be. Because it is through us that others see God and his glory.
And if you're also in a refining and moulding period (God is doing a deep work in you), allow it. Submit to it. Bend to His way. Because afterwards He will do a great work through you.