Monday, May 18, 2015

You are brilliant!

Encouragement for you! 

To my dear Christian mummy friends, 

Let me get straight to the point... You are doing a brilliant job! You are a good mother. God is pleased with you! 

I want to explain how I can say that without knowing you personally; I don't want it to be mere flattery or fake encouragement. I know you are a good mother because... 

1. You are taking time out of your busy day to read the Word of God. Whether it be your daily devotional, a bible app or even just the verses I post online via my Facebook page. You are reading the Word. Well done. Without the Word of God we cannot give out. A dry well has nothing to give. Only a well with water can give. So keep spending that time - no matter how much or how little reading the Word. The Word is a wellspring of life. Give out of an abundant overflowing well. 
 
2. You are teachable and adaptable. By taking time to read the Word and by spending time with like minded Christian mummy's you are learning and becoming like a well moulded piece of clay. Bricks can only be used for building. But clay can be moulded and used for many purposes. So spend time with another like minded Christian mummy. Iron sharpens iron. Or in this case clay ;) 

3. You love The Lord! God is love and by having a heart longing after him you are giving and receiving love. This love flows into all areas of your life. His perfect love makes you better at displaying and imparting a mothers love. So love The Lord with all your heart, mind and soul. 

I know there are lots of other things you do that contribute to your brilliant mummy status. But these things give you an edge. Your edge is a head start to being that awesome mummy that you are and are called to be. I'm so happy for you. I'm sure that God is proud of you. When you choose to give yourself a head start like this - with God nothing is impossible! 

I know you don't always get it right. Neither do I. Trust me! But ask God for forgiveness and new strategies. Then focus on positives. Read the Word. Be teachable. And love The Lord. 

Love you! 
Nat xx


No comments:

Post a Comment