Friday, September 11, 2015

End Times.

I've never thought before about writing a post like this. By this I mean 'end times'. I am not usually the type to worry or get easily sucked into any theories or a conspiracy of any kind. I think that as soon as people (especially Australian's) hear that two word phrase 'end times' they tend to tune out or immediately put you into a weirdo category. 

So why have I chosen to publicly open myself up to being placed in that weirdo category? Because of this verse right here... 

Matthew 25:23 “The master said, ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let’s celebrate together!’ 

When Jesus (the master) comes again and asks me what I have done with what He entrusted to me, I want it to be more than I was given (eg; I don't want to keep the gospel to myself) and I want to hear 'Well done, my good and faithful servant.' 

So I'm writing this blog post to my brothers and sisters in Christ. 

Yes I personally believe that we are in the end times. Call me weird. I'm ok with that. I don't know if all of the people who follow my blog and my Christian Mummy Facebook page are being taught about the end times. So I feel entrusted with the gospel to responsibly share with you. Jesus shared with his followers so I will follow his example. 

What does the phrase the 'end times' actually refer to? It refers to the immediate or very last period of time leading up to the return of Jesus Christ. This includes the many signs and trials discussed in the scriptures. 

Straight up I'm going to address that the end times and the rapture is not a theory or a conspiracy. Let's look at Gods word which we know is infallible, has stood the test of time and is all truth. 

Daniel 12:1-3 “At that time Michael, the archangel who stands guard over your nation, will arise. Then there will be a time of anguish greater than any since nations first came into existence. But at that time every one of your people whose name is written in the book will be rescued. Many of those whose bodies lie dead and buried will rise up, some to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting disgrace. Those who are wise will shine as bright as the sky, and those who lead many to righteousness will shine like the stars forever. 

And 

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgment. 

And 

Read all of Matthew chapter 24 and 25. In these chapters Jesus speaks to His disciples about the end times, the rapture and His final judgement. 

We can be sure that Jesus Christ will return to earth. 

I will not speculate, suggest or recommend any dates or hours. The Bible says in Matthew 24:36 “However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows. 

Though the Bible does tell us that we can know the season. 

I don't want to discuss the signs and warnings. For more information about the end times and the signs of the end times see this page: 
http://areyouready.co.za/End-Times 

What I want to discuss is what should Christians do in the end times? 

1. Know what the end times and trials are and what they mean. 

Daniel 12:10 Many will be purified, cleansed, and refined by these trials. But the wicked will continue in their wickedness, and none of them will understand. Only those who are wise will know what it means. 

We can only know these things by God because God is wisdom and He reveals it to us. 

2. Be prepared and ready at all times. 

Matthew 24:44 You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected. 

This means make sure you are right with God. I would suggest that if you don't know or have any doubt about where you stand with God, do it know! 

The Bible says: 

Romans 3:23-25 For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. Yet God freely and graciously declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins. For God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin. People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood. 

And 

Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Each of you must repent of your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 

So believe, repent and turn to God! 

3. Live holy, peaceful, pure, blameless (in His sight) and godly lives. 

2 Peter 3:11 Since everything around us is going to be destroyed like this, what holy and godly lives you should live, 

And 

2 Peter 3:14 And so, dear friends, while you are waiting for these things to happen, make every effort to be found living peaceful lives that are pure and blameless in his sight. 

Christian means Christ follower. And this is what we are meant to be. So follow His ways. Choose to live a holy, peaceful, pure, blameless (in His sight) and godly life. 

4. Look forward to the day. 

2 Peter 3:12 looking forward to the day of God and hurrying it along. On that day, he will set the heavens on fire, and the elements will melt away in the flames. 

The fact that we are to look forward to it is proof that we should talk and think about it. Don't be afraid. If you have your life right with God it is exciting. We will get to be with Him!! :)

5. Be faithful in handling what He has given you. (I mentioned this above). 

Matthew 25:23 “The master said, ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let’s celebrate together!’ 

And 

Matthew 28:18-20 Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” 

Those two portions of scripture combined tell me what I have been entrusted with. Spreading the gospel, making new disciples, then baptising and teaching them. 

6. Grow! 

2 Peter 3:18 Rather, you must grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.All glory to him, both now and forever! Amen. 

Do not become stagnate. Don't stop growing. Continue to bloom and grow. (Ooh that reminded me of a Sound of Music song, lol!) 

7. Pray! 

There are many scripture references for prayer and praying. But I've chosen this one which is playing over and over in my head... 

1 Thessalonians 5:17 Never stop praying. 

Now I was going to pop down a specific point about priorities... I believe all the above are important and should all be our priority during the end times. I understand especially as a wife and mother that there is work to do and life to live. But when Christ returns he is not going to care about the cleanliness of your house, how much money you've made, a party you went to, the latest tv show, or what you read online. I'm not saying don't do these things. I'm just saying make sure you have time for what is really, eternally important. 

For those who don't know Christ as their Lord and Saviour here's something more to consider: 

John 3:16 “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 

1 Timothy 2:3-4 This is good and pleases God our Savior, who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth. 



No comments:

Post a Comment