Thursday, September 24, 2015

Menu planing

I love food so making a menu plan is fun because I get to think up yummy meals for at least a whole week. 

Other reasons for choosing to menu plan are: 

1. It's cheaper for us to know in advance what we are eating (so I'm not tempted to get takeaway) and so I know what I need to buy at the supermarket 

2. When the kids ask me what's for dinner I actually know 

3. My days run smoother and are less hassle with a plan. I'm not running around looking for some recipe or ingredient at the end of the day 

4. We eat lots more healthy and nutritious food with a plan

5. I had another point. Darn baby brain! 

I have some constraints to work around: 
All meals must be dairy and soy free!
I don't have a stove top at the moment and I only have a small benchtop electric oven. The joy of renovating. Even with those things taken into account I can usually make the weeks meals work and taste yummy! 

This is what I've come up with for this week: 

Monday 
Schnitzel and roast veg 

Tuesday 
Gnocchi bolognaise 

Wednesday: Yom Kippur 
Roast turkey and veg, gravy, homemade dinner rolls and lemonade 

Thursday 
Sweet potato lasagne 

Friday 
Homemade pizzas 

Saturday 
Creamy chicken & corn pasta 

Sunday 
Chilli con carne on jacket potatoes 

Monday
Lemon chicken and rice 

Tuesday 
Cottage pie 

Wednesday 
Thousand island chicken and asparagus pie (homemade pastry) with steam veg

Thursday 
Tuna mornay 

I usually just jot down the meals I want to make next to a day of the week. If it's school holidays (like now) then I don't have to worry about the time it takes to cook but in school terms I schedule really easy meals on days that we have extra activities. And I try to use my slow cooker!! 

Have you got any other tips? Share with me please. 


No comments:

Post a Comment