Wednesday, August 10, 2016

A new tongue

You will never guess what happened yesterday. Ooh it's so exciting!! 

It was around 7.30 in the morning we were all up and finished breakfast. Robbie had just left for work. I had worship music on in the background and the girls were all happy doing their own thing. 

I was pottering around; clearing the breakfast dishes, tidying the lounge etc. I had noticed while pottering that Olivia was really listening to the words of the music. Izzy was also nearby and in their own way they were both worshiping. It melts my heart to watch them connecting with their Heavenly Father. 

Then Olivia asked me something about that 'other language' I have. I knew she was meaning my spiritual tongue. It has been an interest to them both recently. Isabelle has even been trying to copy it. 
Anyway the conversation continued and Olivia said 'I want that'. I was right there saying ok let's pray for it. I put my hand on her head and also on Izzy's who was already trying to pray while speaking her made up tongue (she's so cute!). 

I prayed for Holy Spirt to baptise them. To fill them up to overflowing. I asked for them to receive a tongue. I prayed for them to be anointed in the name of Jesus Christ. 

While I was praying - not yet done Olivia had received the tongue and was off and running so to speak. I heard it just click. She was filled with His joy too! She was beaming with a huge smile on her face. There is nothing like God. He is so good! 

And so just like that she was praying in tongues. My biggest little girl got baptised in the Spirit at age 5, while in her pjs, in our less than tidy lounge room and all before 8am. 

Thank you Lord. I give you all the praise and glory. 

She's told a couple of people since then about what happened and always uses this one phrase to explain that first moment: 'I was caught up'. How precious! 

I thank God that I got to witness another special moment in her walk with Him. 

Acts 2:4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

Acts 19:6 When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete